Wabash Indiana Postings

Welcome to my home town. Leave a posting of your memories, post your event, leave your comments, make an inquiry, or share your heart

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Lost classmate found

Wabash Indiana Postings

The other day I saw a girl who looked like a girl who went to school and graduated with us, but we had lost track of. I found out she was a sister to our classmate and that Sandra lives not far from here. Her sister gave me her phone number and I called & told her of our upcoming 40th class reunion. Sandra said she doesn’t usually go to those as she always felt like an outsider and she didn’t have many friends in school. I told her I remembered that the kids made fun of her and I wanted to apologize to her for her being treated that way. I remember myself how I felt when I also was made fun of by others. It wasn’t fun and very painful. Kids can be cruel and so can some adults.” I’m going to write to her and tell her that although I wasn’t party to making fun of her, I want to ask forgiveness for not standing up for her. She didn’t deserve being treated that way. No one deserves that kind of treatment. I regret that she has such sorrowful memories of her childhood. I hope she finds acceptance and love in her adulthood. I think of where it says, “Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. And just so she knows, I also receive her. I hope she can find it in her heart to forgive us. It would make me very pleased if she would show up at our get-together and discover she does have friends who were in her class. And she is loved.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Dave Norris said…

    Hello Wabash classmates. I have not yet attended a reunion but if plans work out, perhaps the 40th will be a charm. I currrently work for Coffee Etc, a division of Marsh Supermarkets, in marketing and data processing. I also have five blogs around the blogsphere.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi David,
    Good to hear from you. Thanks for posting. We hope to see you for our 40th.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home